Sunday, November 27, 2011

Starting Off!!!!


Here I am, about 140 days away from the start of the 2012 Boston Marathon. My goal during that time is to log approximately 1,225 miles of training and to raise at least $5240 for the Boston Museum of Science.  For each of the miles that I run during the marathon (26.2 miles), I aim to raise at least $200. Any donation amount for the Boston Museum of Science would be greatly appreciated!!

Over the next 4 1/2 months I will be updating my training and fundraising progress.

This past week (11/19/11 - 11/26/11) began the first of three 'base' weeks. One of the week’s highlights was running a Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving with my wife, Katie, and my brother, Jon. My time in the race was 18:47, good for 2nd overall, and I celebrated by running another 4 miles home for some turkey!

The first 'official' week of my marathon plan will kick in on December 11th, with 54 miles. I'll be peaking with two weeks right around 70 miles before tapering in the last three weeks for the race on April 16th.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Count me in for a mile's worth at least as a starting place. Let me know how I can contribute. I'm really excited to know that you will be zipping past me around mile 2 or 3. Uncle Todd

    ReplyDelete